Welcome to Elk River Books Online
**Flat Rate Shipping** Order as many books as you like for a flat $5 shipping fee!
Free delivery and pickup available for Livingston area.
Elk River Books specializes in rare and collectible outdoor literature, and carries a curated selected of works by regional authors, fiction, books on visual and literary arts, Western and Native American history, and more.
All our books are guaranteed to be as described. Please see "About Us" for a listing of reference works cited in our descriptions. We accept all major credit cards, as well as PayPal. Returns can be made for any reason within 14 days of receipt, with prior authorization. Buyer pays return shipping unless book was described in error. Institutions may be billed according to their needs. Standard trade courtesies apply.
All items are available subject to previous sale. We make every effort to keep this site up to date, but occasionally things slip through the cracks so we ask for your patience if an item listed here is sold in the store first.
We will sell and ship internationally. Please contact us for those rates. If you purchase an oversize book, please choose a shipping method that reflects the appropriate postage.
Book Condition Guidelines
(as adapted from the AB Bookman's Weekly
and the Independent Online Booksellers Association)
- Fine, As New is to be used only when the book is in the same immaculate condition in which it was published. There can be no defects, no missing pages, no library stamps, etc., and the dust jacket (if it was issued with one) must be perfect without any tears.
- Near Fine approaches the condition of Fine or As New, but with a couple very minor defects that must be noted.
- Very Good can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear on either binding or paper. Any defects must be noted.
- Good describes is a well-worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted.
- Fair is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc. (which must be noted). Binding, jacket (if any), etc., may also be worn. All defects must be noted.
- Poor describes a book that is sufficiently worn that its only merit is as a Reading Copy because it does have the complete text, which must be legible. Any missing maps or plates should still be noted. This copy may be soiled, scuffed, stained or spotted and may have loose joints, hinges, pages, etc.
- Ex-library copies must always be noted as such no matter what the condition of the book.
- Book Club editions must always be noted as such no matter what the condition of the book.
- Remainder marks, Bookplates, Previous Owner’s Name may be faults and must always be noted.